Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: I've got to upgrade

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This dinosaur is sooooo slow...time for a new pc and some speed...any suggestions on makes and models...???

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My Mother really loves her Dell!!!
    I have an HP pavillion and its almost 3 years old and I still love it!!!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am on my 3rd computer. My first was a dell deminsion, My second was a Compaq Preserio, and my new one is a Gateway 500GR.

    Honestly I liked my Dell Deminsion the best, If I had any problems, thier Tech support was there (800# too). I never needed to contact Compaq, but I was told that if you need Gateway Tech, It'll cost something stupid.

    I like how dell will work with you and build a machine for your needs.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    2,892
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would definitely go for Dell, since they have the best service. At least over here...

    Make sure you have at least a Pentium class (steer clear of AMD, those are really good if you wanna do heavy duty gaming, but not so much for general Windows applications) processor. Don't go for anything below 2.5 gigaherz.

    And the real bitch (if you go with Dell) lies in the expensive nature of the software package you choose. Don't get lured in by special software you won't actuall need since you can always go out and get it at a store if it turns out you need it after all. Stick with the basics: Windows (or Linux), Office, an internet explorer, and of course a virus scanner (McAfee or Norton, preferably) with at least a year of online updates.

    And you'll be okay.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    what do you think of the notebooks???...those wireless ones???

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    2,892
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nah, those breed RSI. You don't want to put yourself through that kind of agony. You'll always sit kinda hunched over a small keyboard which is a really bad posture to be in. Just imagine it: the shoulders rotated inward, hands closer together to the keys (cuz of the smaller size) and head bent down to properly view the screen which is obviously a lot lower than you're used to.

    Notebooks are only good when you go away for a while (or regularly) and you need computer-access away from home. Other than that: stay with the PC. Best choice.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok...thanks for the info...now to start looking....lots of new stuf comes out just before the holidays...and lots of stuff goes on sale...ohhh I just love that word "SALE"

  8. #8
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    THAT DID IT..it is taking me forever to get my posts in before I go to church tonight, this machine is sssooo slow...and pethead has that look in his eye..so I won't be able to post after church...arrrgghhh..don't those things ever just quit and grow old peacefully..LOL..my kids hate it when I talk like this hehehehehehe..grosses them out..hehehhehehhe....they believe they were born in a cabbage patch...

  9. #9
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Who the PC or the petheads MUM!!! I for one am glad to hear your still puttin out... HELL if I gotta do it, so should you!!! WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I put my honey to sleep just fine and now look at me on the pc alone by myself all night!!!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member cherrysmum's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2000
    Posts
    4,577
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ahhh...so thats how you get to spend time on the computer.....you clever girl you....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •